So, this post is about a month too late!!! I’ve been a little MIA from my blog lately and it’s because I am excited to announce that I got engaged!!!!! It’s been quite the month, between that, work, travel and having my entire family (post to come, get ready for major cuteness) stay with me for over 2 weeks it’s been a little hectic, but fun to say the least.
My fiancé (ahhhhh!) could not have caught me more off-gaurd. We had plans on the 10th of June to go for dinner for my birthday, which was a few days prior. He had arranged for the kids stay at his parents house and we were going to grab a bite to eat. I got home from work before he did, and given that it was a beautiful evening out- I thought “let’s get some gardening in!” Didn’t think ahead to how messy I would get, or what was about to come. LOL. I tended to my kale in peace, while listening to the birds sing and enjoying a glass of vino.
A little while later I heard some rustling in the kitchen. I thought, great he must be home. I was starving and on my way to getting hangry, so I ran in and wanted to go upstairs to get dressed and ready to eat! He kept talking to me though and in my most polite tone I said something along the lines of ” babe, I need to get ready…I’m about to eat the world”. I was muddy, covered in gardening goo and a mess. I wasn’t getting anywhere though. He grabbed my hand and started saying all these wonderful things to me….I clearly was clueless because I was just repeating them back.
Avery ” Madalina, you know I love you more than anything”
Me “Yeah, I love to too, I’m gonna go get ready”.
Avery ” You know you are my best friend”
Me “Yeah, you’re my best friend too, we are besties”
And it went on like this, back and forth and back and forth with me remaining totally clueless and pretty much just repeating everything he was saying, until he pulled me over to the fireplace and got down on one knee. I’m pretty sure this is when I blacked out because apparently I pulled an Elaine “get out” hard push and yelled ‘you’re lying, no way!” move.
Next thing I knew I was in the kitchen and poor guy followed me and was back on one knee!!!!! In my head I thought at some point I must have said yes- but apparently I didn’t. So he got back down on one knee and asked
“Is that a yes”. “YES!” I screamed!!!!!!!!! It was a perfect evening, I was in my element, in our beautiful new home, just the two of us.
I know you may be wondering, where’s the diamond!!!??? Believe it or not, I have always wanted a precious stone as my engagement ring. The uniqueness and rarity of it always felt so special to me. Turns out it also has a few very special meanings:
- It’s Avery’s birth stone.
- Emeralds traditionally represent true love and are said to change color when the loved one is being unfaithful.
- Emeralds were also thought to change color to alert the wearer of impending danger. Ever wonder if your emerald has tried to tell you something?
- Besides love, emeralds are a symbol of loyalty, devotion, adoration and friendship
- Emeralds were also regarded as supernatural and gave the wearer the ability to see into the future if the emerald was worn on the left side of the body or touched to the tongue. Emeralds also serve as protective talismans and guard against enchantments and spells.
- The Greeks also believed that apart from giving the owner eloquence, an emerald also made the wearer more intelligent and honest.
- Because of their green color, emeralds are associated with rebirth and spring and are said to boost creativity. They also open the door to new possibilities.
So thus, our adventure begins…..