A closet staple in every woman’s wardrobe, the Classic White Shirt is sophisticated, polished and elegantly always in style. And when you’re not sure what to wear, I always say that less is more. This is my go to item.
It’s completely versatile, and it can be worn with every other staple in your wardrobe (I’ll work on a post with that list shortly). Denim, pencil skirt, or even layered over a dress. It’s seems to transcend age and seasons.
Here are a few tips in finding your new closet staple:
– Fit is everything. Be aware of your body and shape and ensure that the fit is the most flattering to you. If you have a tiny waist or want to create the illusion of one- pick a more fitted style. If you are busty- don’t go for one with ruffles or added frills.
– Fabric counts. Cotton can be more casual, and with jeans as I am wearing it here, the wrinkles don’t bother me at all. Chiffon or silk is slightly more elegant. Just be careful with sheerness and make sure to always check in natural daylight to see how see-through it can be.
– Undergarments. What you’re wearing under this classic style is just as important as the style itself. Make sure your bra is nude (white can be obvious) and there are no thrills or frills on it. A clean, crisp look is what we are aiming for. No distractions.
– Snaps. Buttons. Zippers. So many closures can be found. Make sure that you pick one that’s flattering for you. And more importantly the placement works. If you are busty- make sure that the buttons don’t gap at the chest, we don’t want any wardrobe malfunctions. If you want a long elegant neckline, make sure that your able to leave a few buttons open at the top without exposing your lady-bits.
– Colours and patterns. White is not flattering for everyones completion. Don’t shy away from a subtle strip or pattern on your shirt or pairing it with a bold colourful necklace. The canvas is blank so the options are endless.
This classic style is designed to make you feel chic and confident, so use these tips to find one (or two) that’s perfect for you!
Jeans: J Brand
Shoes- Zara: Similar Here
Hangbag- Rebecca Minkoff: Similar Here