There are certain basics that must be apart of every persons wardrobe. A uniform, that can be worn from day to night, work to play. Can be styled in a million and one ways and is worth investing a little more in.
This outfit is dedicated to those key pieces that season after season will carry you through:
1. Crisp White Shirt – I did a post on this, which I will link here. Worth a read.
2. Dark Sunglasses – I wear them year round, not only are they super chic- but they are one of the best anti-aging tools you have. Invest in a flattering pair that will go with everything. It’s really the best finishing touch on any look, and you should never leave the house without them.
3. Dark Denim – Fit is key here. My personal favourite brands are J Brand, Citizens of Humanity and Ardene. Spend the time and in some cases money to find the right fit for you. Wash is key, pocket placement is key and simplicity is key.
4. Clutch/Wallet – I tend to switch handbags more in the spring/summer than in the colder months. This wallet fits into all my bags and holds everything. It not only makes switching bags easy, but it can fit my cellphone and a lipgloss and act as a clutch in the evenings. It’s so versatile and supple. Bonus- passport pocket. Genius.
5. Watch– The trend here is more towards the chunky, masculine pieces. I don’t leave the house without a watch, and most of the time little else accessorizing. It’s not only functional (because I don’t want be attached to my phone all the time), but also acts as a great accessory. I will wear my watch with an evening dress as well as jeans and a tee. I feel naked without it.
Trends come and go (and come back). But some items never go out of style.
Travel Wallet: WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie
Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs: Similar Here