Dear Lord these this is best recipe for an incredible hybrid of chocolate cookie and brownie. There are really no words to describe how good this tasted. I topped it off with Vanilla Royal Icing (super easy to make) and made the kids dreams come true. Thank you to Ricardo Cuisine for the Best Cookies recipe book- I can NOT wait to try the rest of the incredible recipes in here.
Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 8 oz of Dark Chocolate, chopped.
- 3 tbsp of butter.
- 1/4 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour.
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/2 cup of lightly packed brown sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line a backing sheet with parchment paper.
- Create a double boiler. Ful a put with water, place on stove over high heat. Put a heat safe gown on top and melt the chocolate. Constantly stirring. Try to avoid eating it, which I assure you is almost impossible to do.
- Add butter to the chocolate and mix throughly. Let cool.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and combine with the chocolate mixture. Your life is almost complete at this point.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Use an ice cream scoop to shape dough and place on the cooking sheet, give them space.
- Bake for about 11 min. Let cool.
Your life is sooooooo close to being complete.
Vanilla Royal Icing
- In a bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of icing sugar, 2 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract and 1 eggs until smooth.
- Lick the whisk.
Spread on your cookies…..your life is now complete.
Idea- these cookies would make ahhhh-mazing ice cream sandwiches. Pretty self explanatory.