To begin with I have a lot of jeans, it’s something I’ve been collecting for years and years and I can’t seem to ever part with any of them. The jeans I used here are from Ardene, and since it was my first time doing this, I thought it would be best to use a pair that didn’t break the bank.
5 Easy Steps:
1. Try the jeans on. Make sure the fit is right and they are carefully straightened out on your legs. No twists in the seams.
2. With a piece of chalk- mark out where you want to make the cuts. I marked mine at the knees and ankles.
3. A great tip given to me by my friend Lena from Quality Rivets, is not to use scissors since the cut can be to precise and clean but rather to use an X-acto knife. Take the jeans off and lay them out flat on a table or floor. Be sure to close your curtains after so your neighbours don’t get the same show mine did.
4. I put an old magazine into the leg that I was cutting so I wouldn’t go through to the other side and started slicing away in quick strokes.
5. Play with the threads or string and pull them out for a more distructed look.
I absolutely love the way that they turned out and am already thinking of doing the same thing to my overalls.
Shoes: Zara (old): Similar Here
Top: (old): Similar Here